Saturday 5 August 2017

Rosemary's Pizza Dough

Who doesnt love pizza, really I think it should be a whole food group on its own.  I think with pizza that less is more.  Less cheese, less topping, means more taste, or what I am trying to say is that you can taste all the ingredients, where if you have too many ingredients they tend to blend together.

I love making homemade pizza, in fact I am always disappointed if I get lazy and order in.  They are NEVER as nice.





This recipe is meant to be for one pizza, but I like my pizza’s thin and crispy so it makes two small dinner plate size pizza’s

Rosemary's Pizza Dough


Ingredients


¾ cup (185ml) lukewarm water
1 teaspoon dried yeast
¼ teaspoon caster (superfine) sugar
1 cup plain flour ( I use 00 flour or bakers flour)
 ½ cup fine semolina*
½ teaspoon fine salt
(optional) chilli flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, anything you like to add flavour to the dough really.

Tip from the lovely Julie from Loving The Cuisine Companion group: She used gluten free flour and added 1/2 a teaspoon of xanthan gum and they were fine. 

Method


  1. Insert Dough blade, place ingredients in the above order into CC bowl
  2. Pastry P1 for 1.30 min, check consistency, if dough too wet add a little more flour and finish remaining 1 min of P1, remove blade carefully, if I have time I let dough rise, but it really isn’t necessary.
  3. If you have let your dough prove, knock down and cut in half and roll out to about the size of a small dinner plate.
  4. Cover with your chosen ingredients, and pop in a 200 C oven till cooked.

NOTES

Semolina - this is what gives the base a *real* pizza texture  If you don’t have semolina, just use  1 ½ cups of  the pizza flour, this was what the original recipe had till I altered it. As I said, I use 00 flour, or bakers flour to make my bases, not sure how this would turn out with ordinary plain flour, but I am sure it would still be good!

Aug 26 2017

Tonight I made a chicken, mushroom and capsicum pizza.  I used a tomato base and I sliced a chicken breast whilst still partially frozen and seasoned this with some chipotle and garlic seasoning (you can use what you like). Sprinkled lightly with cheese and when cooked, sliced avacado and placed on top of the hot pizza.  It was Delicious!

Chicken, Capsicum, Mushroom and Avacado Pizza
Chicken, Capsicum, Mushroom and Avacado Pizza


4 comments:

  1. Looks great Rosemary. I am currently in love with the frozen Ristorante pizzas from the Supermarket. I know, I know - frozen pizza - yuck. But these are delicious. I had the Mozzarella one last night. When I was eating it I thought about making it. I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a very easy dough, and you can pre-bake your bases if you want. Just prick them with a fork to stop the from puffing up and pop them in the oven for a bit. They dont need to brown, till just cooked.

      Delete
  2. P1 I assume is the pastry setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alexandra, thank you for pointing that out, I will amend it in the recipe

      Delete

Leave me a message, I would love to hear from you.