Sunday 6 August 2017

Chicken Liver and Cointreau Pate

 Antipasto plate for dinner, this silky smooth pate will be a perfect addition served on my olive and sundried tomato sourdough. Sick of paying the price for good pate at deli's I decided to give it a go and make my own.  Well, all I can say is, that had I known how easy it was to make pate in the Cuisine Companion I would have saved myself a considerable amount of money!


Chicken Liver and Cointreau Pate


Ingredients

470g chicken livers
50g shallots
2 cloves garlic
160g soft butter
40 ml Cointreau
100ml Creme Fraiche
Grated rind of one orange
Salt
Pepper

Extra butter to melt and cover pate. 

Method

  1. Peel the shallots and garlic, place in the bowl fitted with the ultrablade.  Mix at speed 12 for 10 sec. Scrape down the sides with a spatula.
  2. Replace the ultrablade with the mixer . Add 20g of the butter, the cointreau and the chicken livers. Launch P1 slow cook for 12 minutes
  3. At the end of the program, drain the livers and rinse the bowl in cold water.
  4. Insert the ultrablade once more and place the livers in the bowl, add the remaining 140g of butter, orange rind, creme fraiche and season with salt and pepper.  Mix at speed 12 for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and mix again for another 10 seconds if the pate needs to be smoother. 
  5. Pour the pate into small dishes and smooth the top. 
  6. Melt enough butter to cover your pate.
  7. Place a little parsley on top of the pate and cover with melted butter. 
  8. Pop into the fridge for at least 2 hours before eating. (remove from fridge for Pate to return to room temperature)
TIP
Pate freezes well, and thats exactly what I will be doing with the left overs! 

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I would love to hear from you.