Sunday 6 August 2017

Classic Minestrone

I made this lovely hearty soup, converted from the Australian Womens Week Pressure Cooking Book for my lunch guests.  With oodles of parmean cheese grated on top and some lovely crusty rolls made from my bread recipe. My guests went home very satisfied, and I had heaps left over to freeze. I forgot to take a picture, so, will have to wait till I take some out of the freezer to add my picture!

INGREDIENTS


1 Ham Hock (1kg)
1 Medium Brown Onion (150g)
1 Stalk Celery (150g) trimmed, halved
1 teaspoon Black peppercorns
1 dried bay leaf
1.5 litres (6 cups) water
2 cups (360g) cooked white beans (I used 2 cans of butter beans)
1 large carrot (180g) chopped coarsely
2 medium zucchini (240g) chopped coarsely
2 stalks of celery (300g) chopped coarsely
3 cloves garlic, crushed
410g (13 ounces) canned diced tomatoes
1 cup (100g) small pasta shells
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
½ cup (40g) flaked parmesan cheese

METHOD

  1. Combine ham, onion, halved celery peppercorns, bay leaf and water in C4M; secure lid Select Manual - Quick cook 20 minutes
  2. Unlock lid. Strain stock into large heatproof bowl; reserve ham, discard vegetables and peppercorns. When ham is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bone; discard bone, skin and fat, shred ham coarsely.
  3. Return stock to cooker with shredded ham, beans, carrot and zucchini, chopped celery, garlic, undrained tomatoes and pasta; secure lid. Select  Manual - Quick Cook 3 minutes.
  4. Unlock lid, season to taste.Serve soup sprinkled with basil and cheese.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message, I would love to hear from you.