This a variation on my Chicken liver and cointreau Pate, the addition of Marmalade and spiced rum give it a sublte sweetness. I hope you enjoy.
470g chicken livers
160g soft butter
40ml spiced rum of your choice (I used Kraken)
2 teaspoons of a good marmalade
Salt and Pepper
Extra butter to melt and cover pate.
- Peel the shallots and garlic, place in the bowl fitted with the ultrablade. Mix at speed 12 for 10 sec. Scrape down the sides with a spatula
- Replace the ultrablade with the mixer. Add the chicken livers and 20g of the butter, and the rum.
- Launch P1 slow cook for 12 minutes
- At the end of the program, drain the livers and rinse the bowl in cold water.
- Insert the ultrablade once more and place the livers in the bowl with the creme fraiche remaining butter and the marmalade.
- Mix at speed 12 for 30 seconds. Scrape down the sides and mix again for another 10 seconds if the pate needs to be smoother.
- Pour the pate into small dishes and smooth the top.
- Melt enough butter to cover your pate
- Place a little parsley (mostly for decoration) and cover with the melted butter.
- Pop in the fridge for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight before eating. (remove the pate from the fridge for the pate to return to room temperature)
- Serve with crackers, on toast or a sliced baguette.